Thursday, July 16, 2009

Some brief details of my Penang trip

Day 1:
Woke up kinda early in the morning on a lovely Friday. So happy that I dun need to go to work cos am on leave. Going for vacation. Yeah yeah~~!! After breakfast, we managed to help sis to run some errands before we started our journey. On the way, I was so boring that I’ve decided to activate my weekly broadband so that I could FB in the car. Pity honeybee gonna pay attention to the road more. As usual, I’ll be busy FB-ing and taking pictures on the road. Hahaha…the sky was so bright and blue…it was total out of city feel…no more hazy environment…we reached penang bout 2 plus..which allowed us to check in…turning into the hotel, I went to checked in…honeybee parked his car outside..after getting the keys, we went to the carpark….oh my gosh!! So packed…and ooppss..forgotten to take pics in the carpark…too disappointed dee…after we unload, we went to gurney plaza for lunch…nothing much has changed after 3 years…feeling kinda tired, we went back to the hotel to get a short nap before meeting our fren for dinner…dinner time…we managed to get to our fren’s apartment after some routes mislead by google map..hahhahaha…we went to gelugor for dinner…forgotten the shop’s name but kinda famous…ah xian’s show did introduce before…oh no!! it rained suddenly….and my lovely weekend was kinda spoilt by the weather…aih~~!!

Day 2:
The rain didn’t stop…I was again disappointed..after having dim sum breakfast, we went to Kek Lok Si temple…well, same old scene…so just some quick snapshots while it was still raining…both of us feeling moody, dunno where to go, we ended up at Queensbay Mall where we decided to have a lovely cup of hot mocha from my beloved Starbucks. After reading some mags, I’ve decided to loiter around..leaving honeybee alone…muahhaha..notti gal ler and the BEST part was I got myself another pair of crocs…kekekkee…50% ler…and honeybee was laughing cos I looked like a little gal…bout noon, the sun came out..so we decided to go out from the mall…sick of mall la…in KL every weekend also mall dee…so we went to esplanade penang…on the way to esplanade, we passby jln delima..wanted to look for the thai restaurant..but closed own dee..turned to a typical foodcourt…gosh!! Nvm la…so esplanade, there we were able to shoot some pics just before it started raining again…wat a weather….rain stop rain stop….we then went to khoo kongsi and manage to eat kuey teow thng (kuey teow soup) and special curry puffs…oh ya..the ambra drink was superb…kekekkee…though it was drizzling, we managed to get some quick snapshots at khoo kongsi before it started pouring heavily again…no luck hor…went back to hotel to get some rest…while honeybee was taking a short nap, I transferred the pics..and manage to spend some time FB-ing…alamak kena scolded..go vacation also busy FB-ing…actually I was asking around what is nice for dinner loo…victor suggested cheap seafood @ weld quay…some suggested thai food @ bukit genting…honeybee wanted to bring me to bukit genting for the environment..mana tau still raining…so ended up @ weld quay….wah wah..nice food and super cheap ler….4 dishes for rm24 only oh!!! After dinner, we went back to hotel to watch some drama..

Day 3:
Oh….wat a waste…it’s still raiing loo….i was so moody the whole weekend cos it rained non stop…I couldn’t take much pics as much as I wanted…honeybee being so kind…brought me for the lovely toasted bread breakfast…try google and look for Joo Leong Café…it’s somewhere near bayan lepas…we had these breakfast bout 3 years ago..and it’s still there…after breakfast we went back to hotel to pack…cos need to check out dee…aih so fast need to go back to KL liao…sad sad…we then went to him heang to get some biscuits…alamak still closed…wah lau eh…so went to ghee heang….aiyo..the aunty infront of me bought all the biscuits…aduh!! Wat a luck oh!! Sabar sabar!! We then went to haagen dazs at pulau tikus to have lovely dessert…muahahhaha…I just love this particular shop as it was where I bought my 1st birthday cake for my honeybee…kla…enuf of memories…back to reality…it’s just a not so great weekend at penang…anyhow, I enjoyed the companion of my lovely bee bee…muaks muaks….it’s time to say bye to penang…I’ll be back for more pics and biscuits for sure…on the way back, we went to taiping…meet up with fren and had lovely lunch…erm erm..nicer food than in penang eh….kakakkakakak…and now they have taiping central which is the most popular place..within the 2 hours in taiping, we manage to loiter around for food and leisure…passby lake gardens..after the short stop by, we continued our journey home…tired tired…


pics available @ http://picasaweb.google.com/jingnee1010/penang

No comments: