Monday, February 23, 2009

Sydney - Day 17

Another lovely day in Sydney…feeling sad though cos I gonna depart back to my land tomorrow night…aih…gonna miss my lifestyle here so much…mainly being a housewife…not much work..just walk around and cook and do some laundry only..totally stress free..anyhow, updates for today..

A day out with honeybee…as promised, honeybee brought me to markets that I wanted to. Forst we went to balmain market…we took train till QVB then took a bus at york street towards balmain town..it’s kinda near though…we stop way too early at the bus stop..asking around for directions, we move forward to the church where the balmain market is..erm..kinda disappointed as I’ve expected much over there…nothing caught my attention…so we move forward to our next destination…we wanted to walk all the way towards the wharf but kinda far…so we took a bus to the Balmain East wharf. From there we went to circular quay and proceeded to the Paddington market which is half way of Watsons Bay..wow…this market seems to be bigger but things are so expensive there…even the 2nd hand items…I kinda like one ring..handmade by the handsome guy there…but it will cost me AUD 35…which is about RM80…so I give took a look at it and that’s it…I didn’t buy…clever ah…after Paddington…it’s kinda early still…therefore we decided to go for our favourite PORK RIBS @ Hurricane Bondi…what a disappointment…it’s CLOSED!!!! Ah!! We then ended up at Bondi Junction for shopping…erm..i bought a bag @ 50% discount…kekeke…oh ya..and we passed by a nail shop…we were peeping outside like idiots…hahha…kinda fun seeing the machine they were using and I was like…erm..can I do my acrylic nails?? Honeybee said up to me..but I dare not...anyhow…it’s around 3pm and we have nothing to do…honeybee asked if I would like to try our luck @ Hurricane Sydney Harbour?? I quickly nodded with my saliva dripping…haha..thinking of the lovely pork ribs…we went finally!! We were lucky enough that it’s open and it was kinda early that there were not much people..so we got our butts sitted and we ordered kinda few items…we have 4 starters and a main course!! Scary isn’t it…

Our starters:
1) garlic bread
2) garlic prawns (actually the waiter heard wrongly, we didn’t ordered, anyhow it was great)
3) mussels with garlic sauce & bread
4) fried calamari with rice
*all came in big portion
kinda full right?? Ya indeed…but we manage to handle it… and finally there goes our lovely HURRICANE PORK RIBS!!
Yummy yummy!!! I think this is the best food both of us ever had in OZ…besides my cooking la of course (self praising konon)
After dinner, we were so full that we decided to walk around before we called it a day…as this would be the last Saturday night for me to stay in Sydney…we ended up with some street shows before we went home…
Reaching home, I was so tired…I quickly took my bath and packed!! Oh no, I need to go back dee..after packing, I just lie on bed and fell asleep..thanks to my honeybee for everything..he helped me to clear up everything as I was hugging the laptop…haha…sounds silly…I was just too tired…


pics available @ http://picasaweb.google.com/jingnee1010

No comments: